Monday, September 22, 2008

How is she REALLY doing?



The big question probably is, "How is she REALLY doing?"

The last few years have been the hardest of my life. I was so devastated when everything first happened. I loved B with all that I had, and I really thought that we would be together forever. I went through a lot of how can this happen? Why would he do this? How can he throw it all away? I felt broken, like I was drowning, it hurt so incredibly bad for months. So I basically just shut down. I didn't talk to anyone. I did manage to make it to work every day, because really, that's all I had going for me at the time. Imagine that! I lived alone for a few weeks, then was lucky enough to get little J back. Then slowly, I started pulling it together. During that time, I found a better job and started making more money, I lost some weight (27 pounds to date and still going), I started family counseling with the kids, and honestly, I started to figure out who I was and what I was missing. Now I have all the kids back so something's always going on.

I'm happier now than I have been in a very long time. I am so lucky to have amazing friends and family. The kids and I are getting closer. I have a fun job that I love. I work out 5 days a week. I'm dating a great guy. I can honestly say that I am loving life! Is it always easy? HELL NO! haha! It's a struggle, on a regular basis. But honestly, raising 3 teenagers and a little guy isn't easy for anyone. I appreciate the good, deal with the bad - what else can you do, right?

Here's some quotes that I love and live by:

If I were asked to give what I consider the single most useful bit of
advice for all humanity, it would be this: Expect trouble as an inevitable
part of life, and when it comes, hold your head high. Look it squarely
in the eye, and say, "I will be bigger than you. You cannot defeat me."
--Ann Landers

The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling,
but in rising every time we fall.
--Nelson Mandela

So I guess you can say that I'm like that Chumbawamba song, "I get knocked down, but I get up again", and trust me when I tell you that I will ALWAYS get back up. wink~

1 comment:

Heather said...

Michele~ SO HAPPY to hear that things are going better for you! You are an AMAZING lady and I admire you for everything that you have gone through. You have taken like a man but held it together like a lady! You "TIFFANY" Rock!
Heather