Sunday, September 14, 2008

Roses from my "bodybuilder boyfriend"


On Friday the 12th, I received the prettiest red and pink roses at work. Corie and I had gone to pick up some snacks for a work meeting, and the roses were sitting on a table in the front. I rarely receive flowers at work, and was surprised to see that they were for me. I opened the card and the card said, "From your bodybuilder boyfriend".
I guess I should back up a bit. So, my boyfriend and I have been having problems lately, mainly because things haven't felt really solid and we haven't been able to spend a lot of time together. He has a very demanding job, we both have children, etc., etc.. We briefly split up, but pulled it back together. Anyways, I am also trying really hard to get back in shape, and started talking to a personal trainer about it. My personal trainer happens to be a good looking body builder. When I told my boyfriend about the trainer, he was fine with it, but jokingly said, "oh that's good, as long as he looks like a troll. He does, right?" I told him he was a former bodybuilder, but didn't make a big deal about it, and we started talking about something else.
I guess he must have been thinking about it that week because I got the flowers on Friday. I called him to thank him for the roses, and he teasingly said, "oh, did you get flowers from your bodybuilder boyfriend?"

No comments: